Sunday 22 June 2014

TTC Sci Fi Scenics Large & Small Walls

Continuing my series of reviews of The Troll Trader's TTCombat Sci Fi Scenics Kickstarter terrain I'll now take a look at the Large wall kit followed by the Small Wall kit.





This kit makes good use of layering up the MDF to create some cool shapes.
Above you can see the base of the wall assembled. Note the groove for sitting the signs into.
The top of the wall with its light fixtures ready to be attached. This acts like a cap that sits on top of the sign and slots into the lower structure of the wall.
I'm really impressed with the size of this, as you can see from the picture it's massive. Plenty of things could easily use this as cover while battling it out on your table :)

The extra blank sign you get is a brilliant idea. It will allow you to make up your own signs if you wish, or maybe create some sort of vid screen. I backed TT Combats snappy stencils Kickstarter earlier this year so think I'll be making good use of those on this part.

Overall I think this is one of my favourite pieces in the range so far, The design is very smart and having the ability to swap in and out signs ( and with more acrylic signs now available on the Kickstarter ) simply by removing the top of the wall is really good.

To buy this off the Kickstarter as is would cost you £8 as it comprises of two sheets of MDF. Brilliant value in my opinion. I will definitely be getting more of these.

Small walls



The small walls come in sets of 3 per sheet and one sheet is currently £6 on the Kickstarter, You can get two for £8 though so I'd prob go for that if i was after some of these as its a good deal. Each wall works out at just under 4 inches long.

Assembly wise these go together very well and again make good use of layering MDF up to create a good solid structure.


Overall this is a nice little set and when you consider you can get 6 of them for £8 ( on KS ) I think they're very affordable. The design ties in well with the other kits such as the Alpha building and Shipping Containers although i personally would have liked the walls to be slightly taller, but that's just me.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment